Vickie Settle (President, email)
Anita McPherson (1st Vice President, Newsletter Editor)
Sue Keller (2nd Vice President, FSC Coordinator)
Karen Parsons (Secretary)
Ron McGinnis (Treasurer)
Sierra Pope (Registrar, Past President)
Vernon Smith (DNA Group, Writing Group Liaison, Website, Past President)
Betty Wood (At Large, Hospitality Chair)
Sue Hagan (At Large)
Sandy Smith (At Large)
Sheryn Klein (At Large)
Cathy Gowdy (Research)
Laurel Hilton (Writers Group)
Phyllis Garratt (Consultant)
Kathy Farrel (LDS Liaison)
Jo Ann Rowley-Minhoto (Library pro tem; looking for new person)
Open position (Publicity)
To contact a Board Member, email addresses can be found in the Members Directory in the Members Only section.
We look forward to hearing from you!
MCGS needs you! We are a 100% volunteer organization and we have many ways you can assist by volunteering with us. Here are some examples:
- Board Member - Board Meetings are held once a month, virtually. If you're not sure what position you'd like to fill, consider joining as an At-Large member first.
- Officer - The Leaders of our Board!
- Monthly Meetings - When we meet in person, the room needs prepped, and we like to greet our visitors personally.
- Special Projects - Recently we assisted the Missing In America project. Are you interested in tackling a One-Place Study or helping us transcribe records? Suggestions for future projects are very welcome.
- Library - we need a Volunteer to fill the position of MCGS Librarian
- Mentorship - Share your expertise by assisting members and visitors who need advice.
- Field Trips - Organize a trip to your favorite research venue; we're open to suggestions and would appreciate the coordination.
- Publicity - We need a Volunteer to help to publicize our Society to other groups, and to promote our Zazzle store, See's Candy fundraisers, and more.
- Website - Found an error or have a suggestion for how to improve our site, please let us know!
Interested in any of the above or have additional ideas? Contact Vickie Settle President
Committees of the Society may include but are not limited to the following:
A copy of Board Minutes from prior meetings is available on the Board Meeting Minutes Page.
Here are additional Board Resources: Board of Directors Material
Read / download the Bylaws
Passed by the membership on April 27, 2017
Conn Rusche, Secretary for Bylaw Revision
Read / download the Standing Rules
Approved by the Board on June 8, 2017
Marin County Genealogical Society was formed in May 1977 and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit California Corporation.
2021-2023 Nancy Evans
2018-2020 Vernon Smith
2014-2017 Sierra Pope
2011-2014 Jim Robinson
2009-2011 David Williams
2008-2009 Cathy Gowdy
2007-2008 Shirley Genetin
2004-2007 Kathy Cortez
2003-2004 Susan Trumbull
2002-2003 Esther Kooiman
2000-2002 Carl Black
1998-2000 Lauren Boyd
1996-1998 Jim Robinson
1994-1996 Pat Friesen
1993-1994 Carol Kemp
1991-1993 Jim Robinson
1989-1991 Esther Kooiman
1988-1989 Joy Lehmann
1986-1988 Esther Kooiman
1984-1986 Joy Lehmann
1983-1984 Edgar ‘Ted’ Sliney
1981-1983 Hugh Wallace
To Aug 1981 Kay Willis
1978-1981 Jack Castor
1977 Marvin Lewis
For general correspondence or access to meetings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For research questions, please see our Research Page
Members, please feel free to email Board Members directly using the Member Directory.
Marin County Genealogical Society
PO Box 1511