A Virtual DNA meeting will be held on Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 7 pm.
Please note that this is on the 4th Thursday of the month, instead of the 3rd Thursday.We shall be having our General Meeting on July 16, the third Thursday.
Details concerning online connection will be sent to Members of MCGS by email within one week before the meeting.
You do not need to use the link below to get the link to connect to the meeting if you are a MCGS Member.
Members of the Public can receive an invitation by clicking
Request to Access MCGS DNA Group Meeting
In the first part of the meeting we will have an open forum where members will be able to ask questions and share their stories of successes or difficulties that they have encountered while pursuing Genetic Genealogy. Come prepared to participate.
We will then have a presentation by Nancy Evans on Organizing and Working with Your Matches.
Here are some videos that you might find useful.
1. Using Autosomal DNA for Maximum Effect (Michelle Leonard)
2. Tools for Effective DNA Use (Maurice Gleeson)
3. Sub-Clustering Shared Matches (Blaine Bettinger)
and here are some links to articles.
1. DNA Results and Filtering Your DNA Matches (MyHeritage Education)
2. Using Ancestry's ThruLines to Find DNA Matches (DiAnn Iamarino)